Follow AiA 2011 on
| Event Highlights | Event Schedule| AiA Co-sponsors |
ADCPs in Action 2011 Users’ Conference deemed by attendee as “our best yet”!
On Oct 2-5, 2011 Teledyne RD Instruments hosted its 8th highly successful ADCPs in Action Users’ Conference in San Diego, California, where nearly 200 Teledyne RDI ADCP and DVL users and industry partners converged on Mission Bay to share information and learn from each other during this 3-day event.
Harry Maxfield, V.P. Sales/Marketing and Bill Kikendall, General Manager, address the AiA attendees at the opening session.
James Kinsey, of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, gave two standing room only presentations at AiA.
Attendees enjoy lunch on beach.
AiA’s 22 Co-sponsors each shared their favorite local beverages with attendees at the Around the World Cocktail Hour.
Euan Mackay and Cuan Boake take the stage with the band and amaze the crowd with their musical talent at the Beach Party gala.
Attendees from all corners of the globe attended this year’s event, and marked where they call home with a pin.
Our post AiA facility tour was a highlight for many of our attendees.
This year’s AiA event included 3 jam-packed days, brimming with customer presentations, product / software trainings, and much more.
Presentations were split into four concurrent tracks, including:
- Water Resources – flow and discharge measurement in rivers and streams
- Marine Measurements – current profiling and waves measurement in the ocean environment
- Navigation – underwater Doppler navigation and diver applications
- An extra track to accommodate our overflow of fabulous Marine Measurements presentations!
AiA 2011 Event Highlights Included:
- A spectacular line up of Sunday networking events. This year’s events included something for everyone, including golf, brewery tours, surfing, kayaking and a trip to the Miramar air show
- Nearly 50 customer presentations – spanning all corners of the world
- 17 afternoon training sessions
- On-water Teledyne RDI, Teledyne Odom and VideoRay demonstrations
- Poster papers on display
- One-on-one meetings with our field service, sales and senior management teams
- Access to 84 Teledyne RDI employees, who cycled through this event over the 3-day period speaking with customers and listening to their needs
- A data QA/QC clinic
- An introduction to our new, next-generation Sentinel V ADCP and PAVS-150 long range DVL
- An encore performance of our “Around the World” exhibitors’ cocktail hour, which allowed attendees to mingle and meet with our 22 event co-sponsors, each of whom served a favorite local beverage from their region of the world
- Our rockin’ Beach Party dinner event, which among other mayhem included a great dinner, a live band, an obnoxious Hawaiian shirt competition, and a jam session with our industry rock stars: Euan Mackay and Cuan Boake. The weather moved us inside, but hey – this group is the party! A good time was had by all
- Over 60 AiA attendees that took part in our post-AiA tour of our very impressive (if we do say so ourselves) Poway facility. (Nearly 1/3 of our attendees stayed an extra day for this added event!)
And of course – what would this event be without our wonderful AiA Co-sponsors!
Attendees were able to spend time with some of the industry’s leading manufacturers of products and services that compliment ADCP and DVL applications.
This year’s event co- sponsors included:
Thanks for joining us!
Mark your calendars for ADCPs in Action in San Diego; Sept. 29 – Oct. 2, 2013.